Who is Nicole Legault?
Once upon a time…
In a far-away land called Russell, Ontario (a small country town outside of Ottawa) lived a little girl who dreamt of becoming an instructional designer. Scratch the last part, I didn’t even know that instructional design existed until I was in my twenties. I dreamt of becoming a teacher or a lawyer or an artist. After graduating from Carleton University (B.A. Law) at the age of 22, I changed my mind about going to teacher’s college and was unsure about what I wanted to be when I grew up… and it was time to make some decisions!
With the help of my amazing father, I landed my first “training” job at a small tech company. That’s where I was trained on Oracle User Productivity Kit (e-learning authoring software) and where I started really honing my web and graphic design skills. Since graduating from Carleton, I’ve continued my education by attending certificate courses in web design, graphic design and instructional design. I truly love learning new things and developing new skills, and I really hope that my desire to learn never goes away. Over the last few years I’ve really launched myself into my eLearning and Instructional Design career, and I plan on continuing to absorb as much information as I can.
I started this blog in 2011 as a way to chronicle my learning experiences and discoveries as I move forward in my field. I love the career path I’ve chosen (or more accurately, that I fell into by chance) because it blends teaching, writing, graphic design, typography and web development, which are all things I’m very interested in.
Thank you kindly for taking the time to check out my blog and I really hope you enjoy reading it. If I have provided even just one person with information they were looking for, then I consider my blog a success!
- French is my first language
- I have the most adorable triplet nieces in the world!
- The love of my life is Charlie — my King Charles Cavalier Spaniel
- I took piano lessons for eight years
- I’m addicted to bad reality TV (Real Housewives, Big Brother, etc!)
- I really enjoy travelling and have been to 12+ countries
- Reading is one of my favourites pastimes
- I just bought my first home and am thoroughly enjoying decorating it!
- I’ve eaten escargot (and didn’t like it)
- I adore the book “A Short History of Nearly Everything” by Bill Bryson